Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Our Trip to the NHRA U.S. Nationals, IN, Sep.1 2008

Finish Line... Some of the pits where the cars are worked on.
Antron Brown's top fuel car (achieving speeds over 300 mph).Yes, we got to get that close!
Ron Capps...Dreamy...(and me with no hair or make up done! ugh!)
Antron Brown mixing fuel for his car.

Okay, I know this has nothing to do with Lindsey (especially since her blog is titled "All About Lindsey"), but, Jason and I had such an awesome time at the drag races that I felt I had to post a blog and some pictures of it. Jason has been drag racing off and on for the past few years, and he and I almost always watch the NHRA drag races on the Sundays that they are on. And recently here, I have started drag racing my motorcycle at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove.I have been having so much fun doing it (and my best buddy, Nancy, also has a race dedicated bike) and with the U.S Nationals having come up recently, I thought it would be a fun weekend for Jason and I.

We actually left on Sunday and rode a motorcycle (Buell Ulysses) down to Indianapolis. It was very nice to ride two up on because there is a lot of room for both of us, plus lots of storage, and it was also nice to be a passenger for a change (and not to mention the awesome MPGs--our primary motivator in taking the bike, plus I never tire of the thought of holding my husband close) just taking in the scenery during late summer.

While it was very hot (93f) at the track, we had so much fun walking around all the pits, meeting the famous race car drivers (and even snatching a couple pictures with some of them), seeing the crews work on the cars right there in front of you, and ultimately, seeing a top fuel car blast past you at insane speeds that make your chest shake! A truly awesome day and I can't wait to go again (and maybe get that picture with Antron Brown next time!)


No comments: