Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Lindsey Has a Cold! Oh No!

The past couple days have been rough for Lindsey. She seems to have developed a nasty cold. She had me damn close to crying last night as she coughed and coughed, and cried and cried for what seemed an eternity. All of this actually began a week before Christmas when William first developed The Cold. He started out with a hacking cough and then seemed better. Next up, my turn. Christmas day I was lucky enough to have a sore throat. That soon transitioned into a rather stuffy nose and eventually, tons of sinus pressure. Meanwhile, William at least was getting better. The Friday after Christmas I went to the Doctor and she believes that I have seasonal allergies which was causing all of the sinus pressure. Fun. Jason only recently took his turn with being sick. He continues to feel like poop. I remain medicated and slightly stuffy. I tell you all of that the raise the question "Does she feel like this?" I sure hope not. I know we have all been miserable lately. I can only imagine how awful it must be to not be able to communicate your own needs. Not to mention, what did she ever do to deserve this dreaded cold. :( Poor baby.

Her mattress is currently propped up and we have a humdifier going. It seems to have helped as she was in a much better mood today. I couldn't even get her to smile yesterday. Poor baby. Although, she does continue to pull on her right ear. I took her to the doctor today and he said that it looked fine--though it could develop into an ear infection at any point. Poor baby. I wish there was some kind of medicine that we could give her.

This is actually her second cold now. And she's only almost 5 months old. Poor baby. It's hard to keep healthy in this house it seems. William, as sweet and wonderful as he is, does bring home a lot of germs from school. I would like to add that he is doing great in school and gets along just fabulously with Linds. He always asks how her day was, and if she cried at all, as soon as he gets in the car. Such a sweetie. I only hope that she can turn out to be as cheerful and thoughtful as he.....

No comments: