Sunday, March 2, 2008

Update

We were unable to go the Dells this weekend due to Lindsey (& eventually the rest of us-- with the exception of William) being sick. My mom and I could tell that she wasn't feeling well this past Monday based on how she was acting and that night further cemented the "sick" idea in our minds. Over the next couple days, she continued to present cold like symptoms with a very runny nose and also insane amounts of drool. I continued to pack and get ready for our trip figuring that she only had a cold. Last Thursday, I met up with my mom for lunch so that I could send her back with our dogs since they we were going to stay with them while we were gone. During that lunch, Lindsey had an odd break down that lasted for over an hour. I even had to leave Chili's without eating. I felt horrible. She continued crying all the way home and kept on crying even when we were back. I called the doctor's office to have her seen that day just so I could figure out what exactly we were dealing with--figuring that we would be gone for four days. Never in my wildest dreams would I have guessed that Lindsey tested positive for strep throat!! She has been a very healthy baby for the past 18 months. She hasn't even had one ear infection yet.

Well, that was the end of our trip to the Dells. We were thinking that if she somehow amazingly felt better within a day of taking medicine that maybe we would still go up, but then my throat was a bit sore, and then Jason's was, too, and he feels even worse now with this illness having moved to his chest with a very deep cough. He just laid around the house all day yesterday. I can't imagine how miserable we would all have been had we gone up there. Only now, I feel awful because our friends are up there and this whole trip was my idea in the first place. I just hope they're having a good time. They're great people to hang out with and it's a shame that we missed out. Gotta take care of a sick baby, though. What kind of a parent would I be if I would forced the situation just so I could potentially have some fun? Family first. I just hope everyone starts feeling better soon. Jason doesn't get sick too often, but when he does, he's usually down for a while. Hopefully this will pass soon, and hopefully Spring will get here soon. They're predicting more snow for this week....ARGH!!!!

No comments: